Friday, July 24, 2015

Staycation 1st Stop - Long Branch Lake State Park

I taught my last Public Speaking class for the summer session, and I am ready to go on vacation, right? Of course, my farmer husband is just starting to bale hay, so I decided to go on a "staycation" and enjoy points of interest and activities nearby. First stop, Long Branch Lake State Park. It is about 14 miles from my house and is a wonderful resource for fishing, boating, swimming, camping, picnicking, etc. Here is what I did there:
I walked the Lakeview Trail - 1.2 miles round trip.
The gravel trail wound through flora and fauna (translation: wildflowers and rabbits).
I sat on a bench and admired the view for a while after chasing off some geese.
I drove around a few curves, and there was my own private beach! Okay, it is a public beach, but no one was there at 8:45 in the morning.
I enjoyed my stay at Long Branch Lake State Park. Next stop, the 35th Annual Macon County Flywheel & Collectible Club Reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment