Monday, May 2, 2022

Love is...Brown Jersey Gloves



   Recently, my husband and I went to Kirksville to run some errands. It was a cold, rainy day as we hurried in and out of various stores. On the drive home, I complained that my hands were cold. Without a word, Blaine reached in his coat pocket and handed me a pair of brown jersey gloves. Although a little large, they were soft and warm. As I pulled them on, I instantly felt better. My husband's act warmed my hands along with my heart.
   Blaine and I have been married for 50 years. What is the secret to a long-lasting love? Here is my profound answer. Love is sharing a pair of brown jersey gloves.




 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Judy. Love is brown jersey gloves, or perhaps the last piece of apple pie shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! Love is so much more in the details and the mundane.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is a set of fresh sheets
    A lawn freshly cut
    An oil change without asking
    A pot of coffee, ready made before your feet hit the floor
    An extra five minutes together in the porch swing when so much needs to be done
    Bringing in the mail on a cold or rainy day

    And yes. A pair of brown jersey gloves.

    ReplyDelete