Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My First Blog

My daughter, Valerie, began blogging and told me I should do it, too. "But I don't want everyone to know what I am thinking," I told her. Then I began reading her blogs, and I loved them. I think she is an excellent writer. Wonderful connections came about because of her writing. Valerie was able to share her feelings about motherhood with her dear friend Tabitha. She also found my lifelong best friend's daughters and began to know them through their shared experiences. The final push was when my aforementioned best friend, Kathy, began blogging. I read her entries and love feeling reconnected. I remember following Kathy into the first grade room to sign up for school. This was the time before we had kindergarten. We received balloons and mine popped. I remember a slight disagreement in which Kathy said it "burst" and I said it "busted". We always did love words! Then we wrote stories together in grade school and high school. After we married we did freelance writing and wrote letters to each other (before the days of e-mail). So here I am, following Kathy into the blogging world. Thanks, Kathy Marlene, and thanks to Valerie, who encouraged me and helped me set up my account.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I knew it would not be long until I was reading your blog! I appreciate the shout out in your first ever post! I am honored. I look forward to reading all of your deep thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is soooo fun! One of you professionals needs to write an article about THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally crying right here at my desk. I'm pretty sure the lady with the bloody nose in the exam room isn't going to appreciate my sentimentality, though, so I'm trying to pull it together! This is so great. Maybe we can blog our way into that book I'm sure we should write together. Welcome to the Blogosphere! We need you here.
    Confidentially yours,
    Kathy Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome aboard Judy. I don't know if you remember me or not. I took a Dual Credit class with you my Sr. Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this is just the most awesome thing EVER. I'm so happy you're doing this. I can't wait to read more! And it's so true, connecting with Valerie through our blogs has just been amazing. We're such kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the encouragement from all of you. I am looking forward to writing more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited you are here and look forward to reading your thoughts! I was honored to be mentioned. It has been a great way to stay connected to Valerie and her beautifully growing family!

    ReplyDelete