Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Walking East

My last blog was about taking a walk west of my house; in this blog I will walk east. It is a more scenic route, but much harder on the legs, because there are steeper hills to hike. Since I am always thinking of songs that fit the situation, and because my Bane relatives came from Scotland, I kept singing (in my head, of course), "Oh, ye'll take the high road and I'll take the low road, and I'll be in Scotland afore ye...."  This is the low road, because it leads to our low water crossing.  Today I took my camera and looked around to see what I could share with my friends.

The first beauty I noticed was this pink old-fashioned rose blooming on a road bank.

Below is the Middle Fork of Salt River. I always pause here to soak in the sound of the flowing water, and cool off a little.
 A tiny orange butterfly feeds on nectar from the middle of this white morning glory.
Is that a rabbit over there?
 
I hope you enjoyed our walk in the country this fine Missouri morning!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. I am inspired. I love the shout out to Earnest with the rabbit! It made me laugh out loud at my desk!

    ReplyDelete