Friday, June 24, 2011

Arrowhead Hunting

"You are the only adult I know who likes to go exploring," my grandson Logan once told me. I took it as high praise. One of our favorite activities was going on exploring adventures on our farm.  Today I decided to go exploring by myself along our creek to see if I could find arrow heads. While I have never found an arrowhead, nor do I know the first thing about finding one, I would like to, so I trekked through what I am sure was poison ivy to the creek. Round, little coon tracks and sharp, pointy deer tracks lingered there in the soft mud. A green glass bottle and a complete red truck light sparkled in the sand by the creek.  I wondered if someone hundreds of years in the future would be excited to find something like that. I imagined this futuristic person telling a friend, "You'll never believe what I found. It was a light that was made for one of those huge gas guzzling trucks from back when people actually used fossil fuels to operate vehicles!"  I carried the light home and proudly showed it to my husband. "Yeah...I'm guessing it probably doesn't work," he said.  He has no imagination. I think I will set it on a shelf until I find that arrowhead to replace it.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading everything you write! Please keep it up :)
    -Megan Howe

    ReplyDelete