Thursday, March 19, 2020

I'm in My Cups

To be in one's cups actually is a phrase that means to be inebriated. Lately, I have been in my cups. Now that I have your attention, I mean I am enjoying my mugs of coffee and an assortment of warm herbal teas. More than the liquid inside the cups, I appreciate the cups themselves. Below are some of my favorite cups and why I love them.
The reason I like this gift from my daughter is obvious:
three sweet grandkids who are now almost grown up!

I bought this mug when my sister Janie and I went to Cape Cod.
We climbed up to the top of a lighthouse. Good times!
 

My dear friend Ellen gave me this cup for my birthday. It says, "Hello, Gorgeous"
on the outside and assures me I look lovely as I take a sip. Compliments are always welcome, especially first thing in the morning when I haven't even brushed my hair yet.

My Pioneer Woman mug: The poppy painted on it reminds me of my mother's flower bed,
and it fits in my hand so nicely
.

This cup, a gift from my son and his wife, makes me smile. Mr. Rogers shares some of his favorite sayings, such as, "Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too." Another is "The child is in me still, and sometimes not so still." Appropriately today and every day, he says, "When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, and less scary."
When I pour hot liquids into the mug, Mr. Rogers magically changes out of his suit coat into his sweater. It makes me smile every time. I texted my daughter-in-law recently to thank her again for the mug. She replied, "You and Mr. Rogers have a lot in common." That made me smile even more!
There you have it, my post about being in my cups. I am finding joy in the simple treasures within my home. Do you have a favorite cup or mug? I would love to see a picture of it in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a favorite that is anything special like these. Just one that I like the shape of. I adore your Mr. Rogers cup, though. How fun.

    ReplyDelete