Friday, May 31, 2013

Let the Fun Begin!

     On the last day of school, my granddaughter Madison came home with me. We planned a mini-vacation to Crystal Lake. I packed up my bag and off we went. "Let's pretend we don't know where we are going," said Madison.
     "Okay," I replied, "but I brake for garage sales." We stopped at a garage sale and she found some dangly earrings. Our next stop - Wal-Mart, of course, for snacks, and on the the grocery store for more snacks.  Then, we both wanted to go to the library. She loves to read, just like I do. We found some books, and also checked out some movies, Sleeping Beauty, Harry Potter, and Tom Sawyer. We were both pretty hungry by that time, so we decided to go to Apple Basket for supper. We both chose the hot tenderloin plate, which was delicious.
     Arriving at Crystal Lake, Madison said, "How did you find this place?"
     I answered, "It was my uncle's."
      "Grandma, we have never been here before!"  she reminded me.  Oops, I forgot we were pretending. She loved her room, and unpacked all her clothes right away. Then we did some of our favorite things:

We blew bubbles.
We watched old movies.
We had a "proper tea party" with Oreos and milk.
  
We painted our nails a ghastly glittery green that she picked out. Then she giggled and told me I looked like I had "ogre toes". She did my hair. The next morning, we ordered biscuits and gravy from Apple Basket . It was everything we hoped for in a mini-vacation, except it did not last long enough. The good news is, now that we have found the place;), we can go there again.

1 comment: